ATLANTA’S BEST HOME NURSING CARE SUBSTANCE ABUSE POLICY STATEMENT
Atlanta’s Best Home Nursing Care is committed to providing a safe work environment and to fostering the well-being and health of its employees. That commitment is jeopardized when any Atlanta’s Best Home Nursing Care employee illegally uses drugs on or off the job, comes to work under their influence, possesses, distributes or sells drugs in the workplace, or abuses alcohol on the job. Therefore, under authority of Georgia Law (O.C.G.A. 34-9-410) Atlanta’s Best Home Nursing Care has established the following policy:
- It is a violation of company policy for any employee to use, possess, sell, trade, offer for sale, or offer to buy illegal drugs or otherwise engage in the illegal use of drugs on or off the job.
- It is a violation of company policy for any employee to report to work under the influence of or while possessing in his or her body, blood, or urine illegal drugs in any detectable amount.
- It is a violation of company policy for any employee to report to work under the influence of, or impaired by alcohol.
- It is a violation of company policy for any employee to use prescription drugs illegally, i.e., to use prescription drugs that have not been legally obtained or in a manner or for a purpose other than as prescribed. (However, nothing in this policy precludes the appropriate use of legally prescribed medications.)
- Violations of this policy are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Copies of the full policy are available in the office.
As a part of our Drug Free Workplace program, an online Employee Assistance Program resource guide is available for your use. This service allows all employees to seek help on the Internet regarding a variety of topics, including substance abuse, gambling, financial concerns, care for the elderly, domestic violence and many other problems that affect us personally and in the workplace.
Employee family members are also welcome to use this service. Simply provide them with the login name and password.
To access this resource guide, use the login name and password on the Website address listed below. The login name and password will be the same for all employees and users, while all searches will remain completely confidential.
Click on login at the top of the webpage
OFFICIAL EMPLOYEE NEWSLETTERS OF DRUG FREE WORKPLACES